MCC is devoting unprecedented resources to help partner countries in Africa positively transform the lives of the poor and catalyze long-lasting economic progress. The continent of Africa is the largest recipient of MCC development assistance.
- Of MCC’s 26 signed compacts, 15 are with African countries, spanning the continent and totaling over $5.8 billion—about 70 percent of MCC's total compact portfolio.
- Of MCC’s 23 smaller-scale Threshold Program grants, 10 are with African countries, totaling over $160 million. These programs focus largely on fighting corruption and improving governance.
- in Africa alone, over 656,000 people now have improved access to clean water, more than 188,000 farmers have been trained, and close to 268,000 households now have legal protections for their land.
Names and boundary representation are not necessarily authoritative.
Countries in Africa with MCC Programs
Blog Entries, Success Stories & Events
Malawi’s semi-annual review: Shedding light on power sector reform
What a difference a paved road makes
Traffic safety signs people can relate to
Resettlement means opportunity for all
Water resource management: a new form of life insurance
Events & Transcripts
- Reception Celebrating 10 Years of Partnerships in West and North Africa
- MCC Celebrates 10 Years of Reducing Poverty Through Partnerships
- Free Webinar: Explore Opportunities in the Zambian and South African Water Sectors
- MCC Quarterly Town Hall Meeting
- Investment Opportunities in Southern Africa: Previewing AGOA and Zambia’s Proposed MCC Compact