MCC is devoting unprecedented resources to help partner countries in Africa positively transform the lives of the poor and catalyze long-lasting economic progress. The continent of Africa is the largest recipient of MCC development assistance.
- Of MCC’s 26 signed compacts, 15 are with African countries, spanning the continent and totaling over $5.8 billion—about 70 percent of MCC's total compact portfolio.
- Of MCC’s 23 smaller-scale Threshold Program grants, 10 are with African countries, totaling over $160 million. These programs focus largely on fighting corruption and improving governance.
Names and boundary representation are not necessarily authoritative.
Countries in Africa with MCC Programs
Blog Entries, Success Stories & Events
Government of Liberia and MCC invite private sector input on Liberia compact development
Lunchtime in the Sahel
Part and parcel: women’s access to land in Burkina Faso
In Malawi, one hand helps the other to improve land use and boost economic opportunities
The Nacala Dam: delivering more water to a rapidly expanding area of Mozambique
Events & Transcripts
- MCC Celebrates 10 Years of Reducing Poverty Through Partnerships
- Free Webinar: Explore Opportunities in the Zambian and South African Water Sectors
- MCC Quarterly Town Hall Meeting
- Investment Opportunities in Southern Africa: Previewing AGOA and Zambia’s Proposed MCC Compact
- Public Forum with Resident Country Directors from Africa, Eurasia, and Central America