Projected Results by End of Compact
The Cape Verde compact aims to achieve the following results by the end of the compact in October 2010:
- Increase the incomes of beneficiaries by USD $10 million over the five year life of the projects (USD $3 million Watershed Project, USD $6 million Infrastructure Project and USD $1 million Private Sector Development Project);
- Increase horticultural productivity in the a) Paul watershed (island of Santo Antao) from 6 tons per hectare to 9 tons per hectare, b) Faja watershed (island of San Nicolau) from 10 tons per hectare to 14 tons per hectare and the c) Mosteiros watershed (island of Fogo) from 8 tons per hectare to 11 tons per hectare;
- Construct a total of 28 reservoirs in the Paul, Faja and Mosteiros watersheds;
- Rehabilitate 3 roads (40 kilometers) on the island of Santiago and construct 4 bridges on the island of Santo Antão, and
- Increase gross loan portfolio of participating MFI’s by 45 % (from USD $ 223,101 in 2005 to USD $ 323,000 in 2010).
Results to Date
Information on results to date is available in the Table of Key Performance Indicators (a subset of the full set monitored under the Cape Verde Monitoring and Evaluation Plan). The full set of performance indicators is detailed in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
Impact Evaluation Framework
In addition to careful monitoring of implementation performance and measurement of preliminary results, three impact evaluations are underway on the Watershed Management and Agricultural Support Project, the Roads and Bridges Activity of the Infrastructure Project, and the Port Activity of the Infrastructure Project. More information is available in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.