Projected Results by End of Compact
The Ghana Compact aims to achieve the results below by the end of the compact in 2012:
- Increase the productivity of land in the Afram, Northern and Southern intervention zones by 12%, 12% and 25% respectively;
- Achieve a 67% reduction in travel time at peak hour on the N1 Highway;
- Complete construction of 14 km of the N1 highway, 75 km of trunk roads and 357 km of feeder roads;
- Construct or rehabilitate 288 school blocks with over 47,000 children enrolled, and
- Construct or rehabilitate 350 boreholes, wells or non-conventional water systems affecting over 120,000 people.
Results to Date
Information on results to date is available in the Table of Key Performance Indicators (a subset of the full set monitored under the Ghana Monitoring and Evaluation Plan). The full set of performance indicators is detailed in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
Impact Evaluation Framework
In addition to careful monitoring of implementation performance and measurement of preliminary results, MCC will be funding several independent evaluations that will assess what would have happened in the absence of the MCC investments and measure the gains in income that can be attributed specifically to MCC-funded activities. More information is available in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.