Projected Results by End of Compact
The Namibia Compact aims to achieve the results below by the end of the compact in September 2014:
- Reduce the national poverty rate from 27% to 20%
- Reduce the national unemployment rate from 37% to 34%
- Increase the promotion rate of 5th-grade learners from 65% to 76% and the promotion rate of 7th grade learners from 73% to 85% in the 47 schools targeted for rehabilitation and construction.
- Increase the annual average household income in communities targeted for training in rangeland management by N$5,300.
- Increase annual gross revenue to conservancies from approximately N$ 27 million to N$ 31 million.
Results to Date
Information on results to date is available in the Table of Key Performance Indicators (a subset of the full set monitored under the Namibia Monitoring and Evaluation Plan). This will be posted as soon as it is available. The full set of performance indicators is detailed in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
Impact Evaluation Framework
In addition to careful monitoring of implementation performance and measurement of preliminary results, several independent evaluations will be conducted to assess what would have happened in the absence of the MCC investments and measure the gains in income that can be attributed specifically to MCC-funded activities. More information is available in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.