Holding Ourselves Accountable for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
Monday, September 24, 2012 at 8:00 am
The Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Vanderbilt Room
301 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022
It is widely recognized that gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls are critical for sustainable political, economic and social development. Most governments and development institutions, as well as the private sector, acknowledge this in commitments, policies and programming. However, practical challenges to implementation still exist.
This event will include discussion of how governments, donors and the private sector are working to be accountable for gender equality and the empowerment of women. Participants will offer examples of challenges, successes and ways in which various sectors and institutions can work together to achieve these benchmarks of human progress.
With a distinguished panel of experts
- Ms. Cassandra Butts, Senior Advisor, MCC
- Dr. Virginia Seitz, Senior Director for Social and Gender Assessment, MCC
- Dr. Teresa Cooper, Principal, Deloitte Consulting
- Ms. Elizabeth Drew, Director for Human Rights and Gender, National Security Council
With guest speakers
- H.E. President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia
- H.E. President Joyce Banda of Malawi
- Ms. Kathy Calvin, CEO, UN Foundation
Registration for this event is now closed. View a video of this event by clicking the link on the right-hand side of this page.