MCC and Mongolia: A Partnership for Progress
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
National Press Club
529 Fourteenth Street NW Washington, DC 20005
Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Government of Mongolia and Millennium Challenge Account-Mongolia invite you to attend a reception celebrating results and investment opportunities generated by the MCC compact with Mongolia, completed in September 2013.
In 2008, MCC signed a five-year, $285 million compact with the Government of Mongolia designed to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth through investments in five projects.
- The Property Rights Project improved the land registration system, helping people in poorer urban areas register their land; and worked with herders to improve sustainable management and utilization of rangelands.
- The Vocational Education Project focused on demand-oriented vocational training to help Mongolians gain marketable skills and qualify for technical jobs.
- The Health Project addressed the high prevalence of non-communicable diseases in Mongolia, focusing on improved health and productivity to expand access to economic opportunity.
- The Energy and Environment Project increased adoption of energy-efficient and lower-emission appliances and homes, and supported development of renewable energy like wind power.
- Finally, the North-South Road Project rehabilitated a major road in the critical north-south economic corridor, reducing travel times for vendors to bring their goods to markets.
Meet the directors of these MCC compact projects and learn about best practices and private sector investment opportunities in Mongolia.
Minister Ch. Saikhanbileg, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of Mongolia
Lorne Craner, Member, MCC Board of Directors