Join MCC to learn about upcoming procurement opportunities related to the $500 million MCC Nepal Compact. The compact’s Electricity Transmission Project focuses on expanding and strengthening the high voltage electricity transmission network across Nepal, and includes construction of approximately 300 kilometers of high voltage power lines, three substations, and a second cross-border transmission line that will allow Nepal to trade electricity with India.
Team members from the Millennium Challenge Account-Nepal along with the MCC team will be present to answer questions.
Join us in person or via webinar to explore these opportunities and meet members of the Nepal team.
Why Work in Nepal:
- Nepal’s power sector is in the middle of a major phase of growth, with billions of dollars in investment projected over the next 10 years.
- MCC Compacts are a good opportunity to engage in foreign markets with minimal risks due to committed funding from the U.S. Treasury.
- The Quality and Price Based Selection (QPBS) contracting approach levels the playing field, and recognizes the importance of quality, not just low prices; please note government-owned enterprises are prohibited from bidding.
- Bidding period starts at the end of 2019 for works packages totaling $360 million, which includes 300km of transmission lines and three 400 kV substations.
- In early 2020, an additional $22 million towards technical assistance programming to support utility operations, sector planning, and electricity regulator will be launched.
To join by phone:
Meeting number (access code): 738 520 368
Meeting password: mHZ5pWTp
U.S. India Strategic Partnership Forum
2550 M St NW
Washington, DC 20037