Representatives from the Government of Senegal and MCC will provide an overview of the Senegal Compact, currently under development. The private sector is invited to provide input on project options being considered.
The compact is expected to address:
- Diversification of energy generation sources to increase production and lower the cost of electricity
- Improving access to electricity in rural and peri-urban areas through improvements to support a modern, smart electricity transport network
- Modernization and strengthening of electricity distribution networks to reduce the cost of electricity for households and businesses, and to attract more private investment
- Sector capacity building that aims to improve the legal and institutional framework of Senegal’s energy sector, including policy and regulatory strengthening
Read the proposed projects in French here. Project summaries in English will be available at the event.
Following the event, appointments can be made for companies interested in more information about how to coordinate on potential projects and leverage their experience. Please email MCC’s Jason Bauer, Director, Finance, Investment, and Trade, to set up an appointment.
Remarks Provided By:
- Jonathan Nash, Acting CEO, MCC
- Mima Nedelcovych, President and CEO, Initiative for Global Development
- Officials from the Government of Senegal
Presentations Provided By:
- Marième Decraene, National Coordinator, Senegal Compact Development Team
- David Weld, Senegal Country Team Leader, MCC
RSVPs are now closed for this event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. Livestream available for this event on February 15.
1099 14th Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, D.C. 20005