MCC believes that one of the keys to unleashing growth potential in its partner countries is through active engagement and collaboration with the private sector, particularly in infrastructure. Under the right conditions, public-private partnerships (PPPs) can be an important way to deliver such infrastructure. MCC has commissioned The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) to evaluate the capacity and readiness of countries to implement sustainable PPPs and to benchmark countries using EIU’s Infrascope methodology.
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
How Infrascope reports complement MCC’s work:
- providing preliminary research that can help with constraints to economic growth and investment opportunity assessments
- encouraging dialogue with partner countries on improving the enabling environment for PPPs
- assisting with program design for potential interventions to strengthen the PPP operating environment
- facilitating blended finance by identifying areas where there may be needs for technical assistance, project preparation funding and risk mitigation
- monitoring and evaluation of PPP programs. For example, Infrascope was used as a source of indicators as part of the monitoring and evaluation plan for MCC’s PPP program in Guatemala
About the EIU Infrascope Index
MCC, the Inter-American Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the Asian Development Bank have commissioned Infrascope reports for 69 countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
Contact MCC to learn more about our engagement with the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Infrascope Index.