Projected Results by End of Compact
With its completion, the Jordan Compact aims to achieve the results below:
- Water Network Project improvements produce an economic rate of return of approximately 16%, and increase the incomes of approximately 302,000 households (or approximately 1,634,000 individuals) over 20 years.
- Wastewater Network Project and As-Samra Expansion Project improvements produce an economic rate of return of approximately 14%, and increase the incomes of approximately 375,000 households (or approximately 2,020,000 individuals) over 20 years.
- Increase network water consumption per capita from 65 to 96 liters cubic per day.
- Improve efficiency of network water delivery through the reduction of water losses in Zarqa Governorate by 15 percentage points.
- Increase coverage rates of the residential population to the wastewater network from 72% to 82%.
- Increasing the percentage substitution of treated wastewater for freshwater in agriculture from 61% to 70%, improving allocation of scarce water resources
Results to Date
Impact Evaluation Framework
In addition to careful monitoring of implementation performance and measurement of preliminary results, MCC is funding independent evaluations that will assess what would have happened in the absence of the MCC investments and measure the gains in incomes that can be attributed specifically to MCC-funded activities.
Projected Long Term Results by Project
|Project||Estimated Beneficiaries||Estimated Benefits|
As-Samra Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Project
The As-Samra Expansion Project increased the volume of treated wastewater that is available as a substitute for freshwater in agricultural use and protects existing agriculture from untreated wastewater.
|Beneficiaries are counted in the Wastewater Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project||Benefits are counted in the Wastewater Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project|
Wastewater Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project
The Wastewater Network Project increased access to the wastewater network and increased the volume of wastewater collected. The increased wastewater collected is linked to the benefits derived from the As-Samra Expansion Project.
Water Network Restructuring and Rehabilitation Project
The Water Network Project reduces water losses and improves the overall efficiency of network water delivery. The increased availability of network water will reduce the amount families spend on water. The Water Smart Homes Activity also provided direct assistance to poor households to improve their household water and sanitation infrastructure and to increase the amount of water available in their homes.