The Department of Compact Operations (DCO) divides the management of the MCC compact portfolio into two regional divisions (Europe, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America; and Africa) and two technical services divisions. DCO oversees the MCC staff residing in MCC missions in compact countries. Washington D.C.-based DCO specialists travel to compact and threshold countries to offer technical support.
- manages the day-to-day operational relationship with countries eligible to develop compacts and regional integration compacts, and with countries that have signed compacts with MCC and are implementing programs;
- identifies, in partnership with countries, potential areas for collaboration and partnership with other development actors and the private sector;
- provides technical and regional expertise to ensure rigorous oversight of U.S. Government resources;
- ensures investments meet MCC’s high standards for environmental and social performance, and for gender integration, as well as ensuring program quality through provision of technical expertise in infrastructure, energy, education, agriculture and land policy, health, procurement, financial services, and private sector engagement through blended finance and partnerships, and;
- tracks and reports on the performance of MCC compacts in implementation by collecting and analyzing performance measurement data.