World Food Prize Event: Fighting Hunger Through Women’s Empowerment
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a U.S. foreign assistance agency that has invested more than $5 billion in partner countries to address the many sources of food insecurity. MCC is committed to ensuring both women and men participate in and benefit from agency-supported projects to contribute to food security, poverty reduction, and economic growth.
MCC’s side event at the World Food Prize will highlight MCC’s new Inclusion and Gender Strategy as the agency’s foundation for supporting food security and women’s empowerment to help “Feed a Fragile World.” Programs highlighted will include women’s land tenure in Morocco, irrigated horticulture in Lesotho, and production groups in Niger.
- Myrlene Chrysostome, Agriculture Associate Director, Land and Agricultural Economy, MCC
- Jill Pike, Senior Director and Land and Property Rights Lead, Land and Agricultural Economy, MCC
- Michelle Adato, Senior Director and Deputy Practice Lead, Gender and Social Inclusion, MCC
- Eric Trachtenberg, Practice Lead and Senior Director, Land and Agricultural Economy, MCC
- Aysha House, Vice President of Congressional and Public Affairs, MCC
Iowa Event Center, Room 318
730 3rd Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309