MCC offers student employment opportunities through the Pathways Program. There are three components of Pathways: the Internship Program, the Recent Graduates Program, and the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program.
Paid internships are for students currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited school.
MCC hires interns pursuing degrees in finance, accounting, economics, law, business administration, computer science, human resources, etc.
MCC Requirements for Internships
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be enrolled at least part-time in a degree-seeking program
- Must have completed two years of post-high school education or an associate degree
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- Suitable for federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
Internship Program Administration
- MCC hires interns on a temporary basis for up to one year for an initial period, or for an indefinite period while an intern is completing educational requirements.
- Interns may work either part-time or full-time.
- MCC will sign a participant agreement with the interns that sets forth the expectations for the internship. Interns may be eligible for conversion to a permanent position after completion of the program.
Recent Graduate Program
This program provides developmental experiences in the federal government. It is intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who, within the previous two years, graduated from qualifying educational institutions with an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate.
- Recent graduates who have completed an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two years.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to a military service obligation, have up to six years after completion of a degree to apply.
Presidential Management Fellow (PMF) Program
The PMF is a leadership development program for entry-level employees with advanced degrees. The program is designed to develop a cadre of potential federal government leaders
- Individuals who have completed within the past two years, a qualifying advanced degree (e.g., masters or professional degree) or who will meet advanced degree requirements by August 31 of the year following the annual application announcement
- An individual may apply for the PMF Program more than once as long as he or she meets the eligibility criteria. However, if an individual becomes a Finalist and subsequently applies for the PMF Program during the next open announcement, the individual will forfeit his or her status as a Finalist
- The PMF Program is centrally administered by the PMF Program Office within the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- OPM announces the opportunity to apply for the PMF Program (usually in the late summer or early fall) on the PMF Program website and through USAJOBS
- Applicants go through a rigorous assessment process to determine finalists
- OPM selects finalists based on an evaluation of each candidate’s experience and accomplishments according to his or her application and results of the assessments
- OPM publishes and provides agencies with the list of finalists
- Agencies provide OPM with information about their PMF opportunities and can post PMF appointment opportunities for those who are finalists on the PMF website year-round. In addition, a job fair is typically held for finalists each year
- Finalists who obtain an appointment as a PMF serve in a two-year excepted service position
For more information or questions on MCC’s Pathways Program, please contact Lavetta Young, MCC Pathways Officer, by email or at (202) 521-7261.
MCC Pathways Program Vacancies
Positions listed here are hyperlinked to USAJOBS. Please review each of the announcements and apply for those in which you have an interest. Applicants must apply for each vacancy separately and all applications must be completed through USAJOBS.