The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) within the workplace and our programs.
A culture of inclusion and belonging begins with a mindset that translates into positive behaviors and outcomes. We envision this culture for MCC and will put words into action.MCC's DEIA Strategy will cultivate and sustain a global, inclusive culture where our differences are leveraged to produce innovative solutions to meet the needs of our employees, global partners, and the international development community.
MCC CEO Alice Albright
MCC’s integrated approach to promoting DEIA will focus on:
- Achieving a workforce that is representative of people from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the agency, in all divisions and practice groups
- Creating a culture that encourages collaboration, learning from differences, flexibility, fairness, and equal opportunity, and where workplace structures, policies, and practices enhance organizational effectiveness
- Employ a diverse talent in an increasingly changing marketplace to meet the mission needs effectively and efficiently
DEIA in MCC ProgramsMCC promotes diversity in our partner countries by requiring a commitment to policies that promote:
- Political and economic freedom
- Investments in education and health
- Control of corruption
- Respect for civil liberties and the rule of law
MCC is also expanding investments and support to excluded communities. The Agency is working to:
- Develop a new agency-wide inclusion and gender strategy that will articulate the links between gender, inclusion and the Agency’s mission of poverty reduction through economic growth
- Update analytical tools to consider intergenerational equity issues
- Explore how the nature, location and sources of vulnerability to poverty have evolved for the Agency’s 20th anniversary in 2024—MCC@20.