The purpose of MCC’s declassification program is to:
- Review all historically valuable classified information, including foreign government information;
- Assess what needs to remain classified and what can be released to the public while protecting diplomatic relations between the United States and a foreign government; and
- Provide public access to information about MCC’s programs and declassified material and a mechanism for input on what types of information should be prioritized for declassification as allowed.
- The request describes the documents or material containing the information with enough detail for MCC to locate it with a reasonable amount of effort;
- The information requested is not the subject of pending litigation; and
- The information requested has not been reviewed for declassification in the previous two years.
- Requests must be in writing and be submitted by fax, courier service, postal mail, or email.
Millennium Challenge Corporation Attn: Chief FOIA Officer 1099 14th St., NW, Suite 700 Washington D.C. 20005-3550Please send all email correspondence to FOIA@MCC.gov. Please write “Mandatory Declassification Review" on the envelope or in the subject line of your online request.
In your request, specify that your request is a Declassification Review pursuant to Executive Order 13526, and not a request pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act.
Identify the document or information to be reviewed with as much specificity as possible.